The Studio@550 Workstudy program is designed for students, renters, supporters, or artists that would like to receive space credit in exchange for providing basic cleaning duties and/or office help for the Studio.
Participants of this program receive $15 credit per hour worked. This can be redeemed to rent space, towards the price of a class, or event rental. The credits are good for a 6 month period after which they will expire.
The Cleanup Workstudy Option
- Sweeping and mopping the floor
- Cleaning the mirrors
- Picking up any trash, lost items, or debris that is left behind
- Wiping down surfaces periodically so that they are free of dust
- Cleaning the windows and sills periodically
- Making sure all Studio property is put away accordingly to its respective locations
- Filling out a cleaning report form at the end of every shift
Cleanup option is available during times when no one has rented, at opening, and at closing.
The Office Workstudy Option
- Answering online inquiries via social media, email, and other correspondence
- Answering the office phone
- Posting about happenings in the space via social media and/or the Studio’s website (training provided)
- Providing the “face” of the Studio by being present in the office and offering to answer any concerns or questions of the renters/teachers.
- Approving online booking inquiries
- Generating and sending invoices to renters
- Taking booking requests in person or over the phone
- Filling out a simple log form detailing what you did while you were in the office
Office option is available during operating hours, but most needed during the hours of 9am – 7pm.
Requirements for this position:
- Familiarity with basic computer programs such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Familiar with social media.
- Ability to appear pleasant and cordial to prospective and current renters/teachers
We ask that because of training (which will be provided), all workstudy contract periods be for at least 3 months with at least a regular 2 hour commitment each week. If you cannot make your shift during that time, you will be responsible to first contact any other workstudies to fill in for you. If you cannot make arrangements, communication with the workstudy coordinator would be required.
From time to time we may ask workstudies to help with an event in the space. Depending on the requirements, workstudies will be compensated the equivalent of time and a half if asked during this time.
You get to be part of an amazing community of artists and creators. Who can beat that?
Any workshop/class/event that Studio at 550 presents, you are welcome to use your workstudy credits. If you don’t have enough credits, or choose to simply pay the fee, you can access the workshop/class/event at the member/discounted rate.