Studio@550, a multi-disciplinary arts center in Central Sq, Cambridge is looking for interns to assist with various operational and program-related activities.
Founded in 2016, Studio@550 is a multi-disciplinary arts center that strives to connect, promote, present, artists from various disciplines. The Studio manages and maintains a 32’x24′ studio which boasts marley floor, mirrors, a sound system, projection screen, two walls of natural light, and various other amenities available for rental at affordable rates.
2018 programs will include:
- Fiscal Sponsorship
- Open Floor / Urban ART Performances
- Lab Series Incubations
- Professional Development Programs in web, finances, legal, writing and PR
- Fitness Program X2Fit
- International Virtual Exchange and Development
Classes offered by Studio@550 teaching artists include:
- Traditional African Dance with Bindu Conte
- Butoh with Sara June
- Hip Hop with Boston Mobile Dance
- Nia with Alice Heller
- Yoga with Linette Bullock
Internships available would focus on development research, marketing (social media, email, and peer to peer), web updates, accounting, PR, and event management. Interns will work closely with director Callie Chapman to develop manageable project deliverables which will help with the management, programs, and operations of Studio@550.
There are 3 internships available:
Marketing and PR – 5-10 hours/week (could be split between two people)
Help Studio@550 spread the word about all of its offerings to target communities and the general public. Your role as an intern in this position will:
- Manage and implement website updates via WordPress
- Research and compile a list of target publications and contacts
- Write press releases for various programs and upcoming events
- Learn how to create a marketing email which will go out to the Studio’s mailing list
- Learn about branding and how to effectively utilize style guide to maintain voice of the organization.
- Devise a social media strategy and timeline.
Development and Accounting – 5 hours/week
Research about possible funding sources for existing and future programming of Studio@550. Learn about grants, individual donors, and potential sponsorship opportunities. Your role as an intern in this position will:
- Learn about resources in order to locate funding in which the Studio satisfies the criteria written in the requirements.
- Approach potential sponsorship opportunities which may match with existing programs.
- Enter accounts receivable into QuickBooks, learn to run reports, and do multi-year projections.
- Interact with the online booking software to record payments that are received.
Event and Program Management – 5 hours/week
Attend exciting events the Studio hosts such as the 6 part professional development series. Work closely with the marketing and PR intern as well as the director to reach out to potential interested parties for the workshops. Collect and record payment and data about participants of events. Monitor rental events and act as a Studio@550 liaison. Your role as an intern in this position will:
- Attend events and collect payment details
- Reach out to various personal, media, and communities to engage them for events
- Be a liaison for rental events that happen in the Studio (you get free admission to these events)
- Take photos of events to be used as publicity in the future
To apply for these various internship positions, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the specific position you are interested in, any experience related to that position, and days and times available to work per week. Although some of these tasks can be done remotely, some office hours are required.
This internship is not paid, but will be compensated with access to studio time.